Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The anointed lout

 The anointed “Agbero”

                 There are power in words. The words of some are powerful probably their tongues are anointed or they are beloved. Anointed are often believe to be people that are religious and morally inclined. My experience sometimes in April this year was an exception. I took a motorcycle to a destination and the rider alighted to buy four sachets of dry gins. (Pelebe ) He opened one to drink. I asked him why going on dry gin while driving. He told me that I would understand later. Few minutes , he alighted at a junction, hailing the union man who controlled the axis. He handed the three sachet gins to him and the man began to pray for him immediately he sipped the gin. I was watching the drama, at a point he stopped and told me that I should not look down on him but rather say amen to his prayers though I may be a pastor but God answer his prayers. He further told me that there is power in gin and the reason why our ancestors used it to pray. I just folded my arms watching him as he continued praying. After his prayers, the motorcycle rider zoomed off, he told me that chairman has been a very nice man and all he needs to do is to buy sachet gins for him and he will blessed him. I eventually got to where I will drop , To my amazement , he told me to give him extra cash. I said for what, he replied, owo adura ti Chairman gba( money for Chairman prayers) I smiled, and replied him that ; “ Chairman prayed for you and not me”.

           Just like a dream, I received thousands of naira as gifts on that day. Wherever I went that day, I was gifted money. I reflected and ruminated on the earlier events in the morning. Could it be a coincidence? Could it be Chairman have an anointed tongue? I also remembered a story I was told of a drunkard who was heavily drunk as of his habit, then a terrible windstorm began, the drunk man just shouted stop in Jesus name and the wind stopped. Is alcohol a spirit? 

              My conclusion is God’s gifts and calling are without repentance. There are so many touts, rogues, smokers, drunkards who carried the anointing of God. Though they are not saved but when they speak, God honours them. Another question for reflection is Can God give sinners spiritual gifts? Yes, have met people who God bestowed gifts of Dreams, whatever they see, come to pass but they are not saved. God is mysterious. His ways are different from out ways and we should learn to show love to all. The terrorist today, can become a pastor tomorrow. Paul terrorised the early Christians, God arrested him and made him a great Apostle. There is no one God cannot use to propagate his works. He said if you keep quiet, I will raise up stones. The stones can be nobody with bad records. Jeremiah said he was anointed from the womb to preach the gospel. There are Jeremiahs who are not yet saved but they are anointed. God have a way of preserving them and will redeem them for his glory.

Abolanle oladipupo 

©️ 29/09/2024

No comments:

Post a Comment